Parks and Recreation
The Forest Lake Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the development and maintenance of the parks and trails system. Staff maintains 23 parks, 18 open spaces, 14 playgrounds and 13 ball fields in the community. The Park Directory contains an interactive map of all of the spaces maintained by the City of Forest Lake. Looking to reserve a facility, check out the facilities module for reservation availability and prices.
The Parks and Recreation Department also offers a variety of activities that are suitable for citizens of all ages and abilities.
The City of Forest Lake's Community Gardens are located in Tower Park, behind the Forest Lake Senior Center. Currently, there are 25 garden 10 x 10 garden plots that are leased out on an annual basis and the cost of each garden plot is $30.00 per season. The city will prepare the garden beds in the spring, mark the boundaries for each individual plot, and have water available on site. If you are interested in renting a plot, review the rental agreement and submit your application either online or in person at the Forest Lake City Center.
- The Parks Department manages 251 acres spread across 23 parks.
- There are a variety of parks including Mini Parks, Neighborhood Parks, and Community Parks.
- Forest Lake contains many natural amenities in its parks including lakes and wetlands.
- Manages 20 plot Community Garden.
- Puts on 20+ events annually, including Arts in the Park and the Northern Lights Yoga Music and Paddlefest,