Manager of Accounting
The City of Forest Lake has openings for the position of Manager of Accounting.
Applications must be received by Friday August 13, 2021 at 3:30 pm.
$ 78,754.56 - $ 98,443.20 annually
This position is responsible for direction and supervision of all aspects of utility billing and related customer service. Direction and supervision of accounting related functions, such as accounts payable, cash receipting, project management, and payroll. Assist with the preparation of various workpapers for the external audit. Assist with the budget preparation and budget monitoring.
Education and Experience:
Refer to Manager of Accounting job description
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must visit this link to submit a completed application, letter of interest, resume, transcripts, and other materials they would like to submit for consideration.
The City of Forest Lake has openings for the position of Paid-On-Call Firefighter.
• Opens 06/15/21
• Application deadline 09/01/21
Candidates must live within the area highlighted in yellow on the map included in the application and hiring packet.
• Station 1 - 1408 Lake Street South, Forest Lake, MN 55025
• Station 2 – 16319 Kettle River Blvd, Columbus, MN 55025
$15.00 per hour for probationary members.
$17.75 per hour for members that have completed the 1 year probationary period.
• Performs firefighting activities including fire attack, containment, salvage, overhaul, driving fire apparatus,
operating pumps, laying hose, and related equipment.
• Performs emergency aid activities including CPR, administering first aid, and providing other assistance as
• Participates in fire department trainings, attends classes for firefighting, emergency aid, hazardous
materials, auto extrication, ice/water rescue, and related subjects.
• Provides First Responder emergency medical services.
• Maintains fire equipment, apparatus, and facilities. Performs minor repairs to departmental equipment.
• Assists in developing plans for special assignments such as emergency preparedness, communications,
training programs, firefighting, hazardous materials, and emergency aid activities.
• Present programs to the community on safety, medical, and fire prevention topics.
• Performs salvage operations such as spreading salvage covers, moving furniture, sweeping water, and
Minimum Qualifications to Apply:
• High school graduate or equivalent
• 18 years of age or older
• Valid Minnesota driver’s license
• Live within 6 minutes of station 1 or 2
• Pass police background check
• No DWI related convictions within the last 5 years
• No felony convictions on record
• Pass firefighter physical fitness test
• Pass psychological test provided by the Fire Department
• Pass medical exam provided by the Fire Department
• Must be available every Tuesday night (7 p.m. – 10 p.m.) for department training
2019/2020 Firefighter Recruitment Process
• Fire Department open house – Thursday, September 9th
• Physical agility test – Saturday, September 18th (Weather permitting)
• Backup Physical agility testing – Saturday, September 25th
• Interviews – Saturday, October 2nd
• Contingent offer – Letters sent out in the 3rd week of October
• Start date – 01/01/22
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit a completed City of Forest Lake Employment Application to FLFD@ci.forest-lake.mn.us or turn in your application at the Forest Lake City Hall, 1408 Lake Street South, Forest Lake, MN 55025.
The City of Forest Lake is currently accepting applications for the Human Rights Commission. If you are interested in serving on any of these commissions, please fill out the Boards and Committee Application. Your application will be kept on file for one year. Questions regarding any vacancy can be directed to the City of Forest Lake at 651-464-3550.