Refuse / Recycling
Recycling Challenge December 2020
Complete 5 simple recycling tasks and receive a FREE City of Forest Lake USB Drive. See flyer for full details on how to participate: Recycling Challenge Flyer
1. Donate clothes, toys, or any item you do not need any longer to a local thrift store.
2. Watch this short Recycling Video. https://youtu.be/5EXUPaKPPIM You must email the correct answers to the two questions listed below as part of your submission.
1. Recycling one glass container saves enough energy to light a 100 watt light bulb for how long?
2. Where can Forest Lake residents go to properly dispose of their E-Waste?
3. Create something new out of something old. (Turn an old shirt into a mask or bandana, tp roll bird feeder, plastic container into a planter, etc..).
4. Pick up litter and dispose of it properly in the right container. (Either recycling bin or trash.) Can be at a park or in your own neighborhood.
5. Recycle your aluminum cans! Bring them to a Recycling Center to redeem for cash, or donate them to an organization collecting them (ex: Family Pathways parking lot).
6. Call or email the City for more information on the Recycling Champions Program: 651-209-9723 or Jamie.Muscha@ci.forest-lake.mn.us.
Waste, Recycling, Yard Waste, and Bulk Pick Up Service
Republic Services is closely monitoring the changing COVID-19 situation. Their number one priority is safety. The essential service they provide to the City will continue to go uninterrupted.
Republic Services will be operating their full services under the following guidelines:
- Drivers will not be authorized to leave their vehicle to pick up waste or recycling that is outside the refuse cart
- Please make sure your waste contents (including yard waste) are inside waste and recycle bins
The Republic Services team remains committed to the community throughout this crisis. For updates you can visit:
Recycling Champions Program
The City of Forest Lake is excited to launch a new Recycling Champions Program this year. ’Recycling Champions’ will receive the training and information needed to serve as an ambassador in the community, and use that knowledge and education to then teach and inform their family, friends and neighbors. The Recycling Champions Program is expected to kick-off by June 2020.
If you are interested in becoming a Recycling Champion, please register online at: http://cityofforestlake.com/FormCenter/Parks-5/Recycling-Champions-Sign-Up-Form-74
Republic Services Information
Republic Services provides the City of Forest Lake Refuse and Recycling services. To set up your service for for any changes to your service, please contact Republic Services directly at: 763-259-5535. You can also contact them at the following web address: www.RepublicServices.com/ForestLakeMN
Please note the following information below which contains basic rates and collection instructions.
Waste is collected weekly and Recycling every other week (see the maps below for your collection days).
Waste service has tiered pricing. The 2021 trash rates are:
- $13.29/month for a 35-gallon container
- $14.51/month for a 65-gallon container
- $15.72/month for a 95-gallon container
Recycling service has a flat rate of $5.44/month for 2021, and all residents will have a 95-gallon container.
If you wish to have your 95-gallon waste container exchanged for a different size, please contact Republic Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-941-5174. Please include your name, address and desired container size in your email.
Please make sure your containers are placed within 5 feet of the curb or roadside by 6:30 a.m. on your collection day. We recommend putting your containers out the night before. Please allow until 6 p.m. on your collection day for the driver to service your container.
Subscription Yard Waste Service
Yard waste is offered as a subscription-based service for Forest Lake residents.
The rate includes one 95-gallon yard waste container. Additional containers may be requested at a cost of $20 per season, per container. Please contact Republic Services at email@example.com
We observe the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If your pickup day falls on or after one of these holidays, it will be delayed by one day. For example, Labor Day falls on Monday, September 2, so your collection day that week will be delayed by one day, with Friday collections being collected on Saturday.
Bills are sent quarterly with payments being made in advance of service being rendered. Your first quarterly bill will be for the months of August, September
If you have questions or concerns regarding the above information, please contact Republic Services directly at: 952-941-5174 or firstname.lastname@example.org